Pages

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Some Insights!!

Mathew tagged me and I thought this is the best way to overcome my lethargy. So here it goes..

1. LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATER
A malayalam movie called "New Delhi"
I hate to admit it, but I am "theater-phobic". My parents had a tough time with me coz mostly they'll book tickets n I'll be weeping uncontrollably so much so that they'll have to cancel the movie plans.. :(
But yeh I do watch movies in the TV or DVD, the last one being Taare Zameen Par (yeh I know it doesn't count for this question)


2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
‘Beyond the Last Blue Mountain’ A life of J.R.D.Tata by R.M.Lala. Started reading this sometime back and stopped it in between. Have restarted it now.
One more book I am reading in parallel is 'tuesdays with Morrie' - a book borrowed from the library that we have newly set up in the team.


3. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
Snakes and Ladders :P


4. FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
It used to be Readers Digest but now I mostly pickup Outlook Traveller or Better Photography. And when I go home it's Vanitha and Grahalakshmi.


5. FAVORITE SMELLS?
The Smell of Rain ;)


6. FAVORITE SOUND?
A baby's blabber, Pitter-patter of rain


7. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
Feeling of loss


8. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE?
What are the things to be done today


9. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE?
I rarely eat out.


10. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME?
Nanda, Gopika, Devika, Athira,..


11. FINISH THIS STATEMENT. "IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I'D...?
Absolutely clueless.. May be I will buy a farm house with a big garden ;)


12. DO YOU DRIVE FAST?
Nope. Think the fastest I have ever done is around 60-70 km/hr


13. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
Back home I used to have my doggie or the cats who used to share my bed. But here though I have some stuffed animals, they usually occupy my brother's bed which is empty after he moved out.


14. STORMS-COOL OR SCARY?
I've experienced only one in my life : that was the sand storm in Leh n Yeh it was cool :)


15. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
I don't own a car although I sometimes drive my parent's Alto.
If you are asking the first car I have driven it's a white ambassador from the driving school.


16. FAVORITE DRINK?
Mango juice :)


17. FINISH THIS STATEMENT, "IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD .....
Do the same things that I do currently. All it matters is how you utilize it.


18. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI?
Yes, I don't like to waste food :P


19. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?
I like it the way it is - Black.


20. NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN.
Thrissur and Bangalore


21. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Used to watch cricket and Tennis, but of late nothing.


22. ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU.
Humorous to the core


23. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED?
My mobile and the book I'm reading.


24. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN?
Yes very much


25. MORNING PERSON, OR NIGHT OWL?
Both !!


26. OVER EASY, OR SUNNY SIDE UP?
Neither. I hate eggs.


27. FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX?
My room


28. FAVORITE PIE?
Apple Pie.
Haven't tasted anything else.


29. FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Chocolate Sundae


30. OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU TAGGED THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
PS Considering that she has promised herself to write at least two posts a week :)

And this tag goes to..
Unfortunately most of the people have already taken this tag or is already tagged by someone else :( So I tag everyone else who haven't yet done this tag :)

13 comments:

mathew said...

eeshoyee..New Delhi!!! this is a first for me know someone who has last been to a theater in 1987.am sure most people wont even believe you isnt.. I have a similar fear of visiting hospitals..even if it is a visit to meet a friend..it is just that the charts and posters intimidate me.

and i cant belive how i missed the mango milk shake for my favourite drink..it had been almost 2 years since i had one and i completely forgot..infact it shocks me just when I realised this!

and I ll love to visit Leh sometime..probably when this onsite is over..I envy your travelling pics of the north east too..:-)

Silverine is the only broccoli lover and chocolate hater I have seen till now..see the odds..;-P

am enjoying the tag as it tells a lot about the person too..well written! thanks for taking it.

Preeti Shenoy said...

Hi there,
I am getting old!! I DONT REMEMBER you tagging me!! Now that you mention you have you must have.My memeory isn't what it ...Oh--what were we talking about..Haan--look something shiny!
:-)
Cheers
Ps

Preeti Shenoy said...

BTW, I love chocolate sundae too..and I too eat the brocolli stems!

Anonymous said...

when i read the first response i too was like eeshoye!!! and then i saw mathew saying the same :)

so the tag game has reached everywhere!

farm house with a big garden sounds like an idea i can copy :)

anN-series said...

seems like everyone is busy doing this tag.... :~D and New Delhi was the last movie...hey i thought i was theatre phobic....u beat me in this...

btw girl i love ur fotography.... :~D

Dhanya said...

@ Mathew : I know. But I am happy that it's atleast 1987 n not something much earlier like say when I was some 10 months old :P
n yeh mangoes in anyform r my all time fav. check this : http://itsmyownspace.blogspot.com/2007/05/mangoes-mangoes-and-mangoes.html
You are living in the most beautiful part of the world and is cribbing about my traveling? Utilize your stay there especially that summer is ahead :)

@ ps : ahem ahem I really think you are getting older no matter how u look :P So be a good "school going girl" and do take up this tag :)

@ sandeep : I know it's bad about me n my friends keep scolding me for that. But somehow not able to overcome that fear. Yeh I can see only this tag in everyone's post now :) n don't be a copycat :P

@ ann : wow u too theatre phobic. I'm so much relieved. I thought I'm the only odd woman out in this world :)

Dhanush | ധനുഷ് said...

Gal.. Theater Phobia?? Oh God

I too have the habit of reading two books at the same time.

Nice One. Wait fro mine as Mathew has ordered me to take this up ;)

Inder said...

taare zameen par was indeed impressive :)

Jayashankar said...

My sis calls her daughter Nanda …noticeably all names are of girls!
hmm...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.

The Common Man | പ്രാരബ്ധം said...

The last movie u saw is NEWDELHI?? Hmm...now dats quite a long period...

here for the first time...

thanx for all the easy readings!!

all da bezt!

Aathira Nair said...

I just realized, your future baby's name might just be my name :D :D , hence thought it appropriate to drop a line. Nice blog !

Dhanya said...

@ Dhanush : yeh what to do.. Hope I'll oercome it someday or other :P
I actually have one more book which I need to read officially.. Thought I'll end up like a person not focosing on anything n so didn't mention it :P
N I've seen urs as well :)

@ inder : Yeh for sure.. I liked it very much

@ eashwar : Yeh I like girl babies..:) Aint those lil princesses adorable?

@ the common man : yeh I know :(
n thanks a lot for the visit :)

@ aathira : oh yeh thanks..u have got a nice name indeed :)